Zirblast® are fused ceramic beads which have:
• Higher density than glass beads and thus a better treatment efficiency
• Lower density than steel shot, which allows to save energy and preserve work parts
Their very fine microstructure results in a strong mechanical resistance and high toughness.
The combination of an optimal density and outstanding mechanical properties makes them especially suited for tool cleaning and surface preparation applications.
The minimum life span of ceramic beads versus glass beads should be:
• 8 to 10 times longer in dry blasting systems
• More than 25 times longer in wet systems
• Surface roughness of the processed targets is about half versus glass beads
Roughness measurement on stainless steel 316Ti blasted by ZIRBLAST® B120.
Cycles: 60 – 100
Moh’s Hardness = 800 – 1000 Vickers
Bulk Density (wt./ft.3) = 150 lbs.
Package in 25 Kg. Pails